Rockwood RV

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

technor

Rockwood RV

Post by technor »

Hello All
This is my first post and my question is as follows...I bought a 1978 Dodge Rockwood RV and for the first time just today I ran the VIN online and to my suprise it says I have a 426 HEMI. In the VIN is the letter J which is the 5th letter from the left. That J told me that it is a hemi. Could someone tell me where the serial numbers are on this thing so I could confirm. Thanks for any help.

P.S. I don't think it will hurt but here are the first five of my VIN F44CJ and that J is the magic letter.
mart

Re: Rockwood RV

Post by mart »

First, 426 Hemis weren't factory installed in any vehicle after 1971. Secondly, even in stock form, the 426 Hemi was slightly de-tuned, all-out race engine and totally unsuitable for any other use. I don't know what you're smoking or what the numbers are you're reading, but 426 Hemis were never installed in any motorhomes....ever.

mart
==========================
timshemi

Post by timshemi »

couldnt you just look at the engine and tell if its a hemi or not?
mart

Post by mart »

timshemi wrote:couldnt you just look at the engine and tell if its a hemi or not?
------------------
I would think that ANYBODY with *even half a brain* could. Obviously, he can't, so what that's tell you! :)

mart
=================