HEMI is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

BlueDjinn

HEMI is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.

Post by BlueDjinn »

The header on the cover of the October 2011 issue of Popular Hot Rodding reads as follows:
"THE ' 70 BOSS TORINO FORD PROMISED, HEMI POWERED AFTER 41 YEARS"!

"HEMI POWERED", huh;...like in capital/upper case "H", trademark registered HEMI®?
That HEMI?
So I parted with my $6.99, opened the magazine to page 28, article by Christopher Campbell,
and began reading.
"...and the big bad 429ci 385 series", blah, blah, blah. "The 429 Thunderjet"..."the 429 Cobra Jet"...
"the 429 Super Cobra Jet"...blah, blah, blah, "the Boss 429".
Umm...yeah, so where's the HEMI, capital/upper case "H", trademark registered?

Oh, here we go; over on page 32, ..."simple near stock, just with a bada$$ semi-Hemi engine" and
"Thankfully, Shotgun Hemi Parts released their revamped new Boss heads"...blah, blah, blah.

Well, I think Mr. Campbell means "semi-hemi" and "ShotGun hemi" parts.
There is no "semi-Hemi" or "ShotGun Hemi" either.

As I have known for some time that HEMI and Hemi are really HEMI® trademark registered
nomenclature for the Chrysler/Mopar engine, I bought the magazine wondering who had put an
"elephant" in a Torino.
Apparently no one did and it's a blatent trademark infringement that I'm seeing more and more of
without any penalty.

No wonder the Fraud/Farce REBADGED HEMI is now the Boss 500.
Oh, I know, this must be one of Chrysler's secret prototype engines that was developed in
co-operation with Ford Racing or something else equally nauseating. Not!

Chrysler Group LLC really need to address all of this crap and they need to do it yesterday.
Slumber time is over.

Too many people are taking verbatim what they read in periodicals like Popular Hot Rodding
as the untarnished truth, to quote and plagiarize as their own in cases of argument.
Of course they're right, they’ll show you, it's right there in the magazine.

Torino gets a HEMI does it? Only if it's a Mopar engine. There are no Ford Hemis.
There is a huge difference between vocalizing a term and actually putting it into print; in this case a legal difference.
I think someone at Popular Hot Rodding is asleep at the wheel and needs a good shaking up.

I've been reading Popular Hot Rodding magazine since about 1965 and it's been a pretty good rag
but it's not the first time I've noticed glaring inaccuracies which I've ignored up 'til now.
When Force and Medlin and Ford and NHRA pulled their stunt with the poorly disguised, rebadged
HEMI, Boss 500 T/F engine they got my attention. I'm not amused and I'm not fooled either.

There's not a Ford engineered piece in that engine, and the Ford part numbered main bearings
that supposedly distinguish it as a Ford engine are supplied and manufactured by MAHLE.
They are Clevite bearings with Clevite part numbers.
George

Re: HEMI is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.

Post by George »

Anyone can build a hemi, 1st one made in Spain way back, just can't call it a Hemi. Chrysler can call any engine a Hemi if it wants to. The BOSS 429 was a hemi with the top flattened out making it a sort of hemi.