WONDER WHY NHRA HAS QUIT SHOWING ENTRIES TO THE EVENTS

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

moparornocar

WONDER WHY NHRA HAS QUIT SHOWING ENTRIES TO THE EVENTS

Post by moparornocar »

Could it be because the Ford entries/Ford powered entries have for some time been very few and will now be almost none existent? We should know that NHRA has always sucked up to Ford in order to pacify the Ford fan in order to get their attendance. With SCUMBOSS going to Chevy, no fake Ford engines in TF or FC and basically zilch in Pro-Stock; not much left to attract the Ford fan.
'51 Hemi & 55 SBC, a class of their own
BlueDjinn

Re: WONDER WHY NHRA HAS QUIT SHOWING ENTRIES TO THE EVENTS

Post by BlueDjinn »

You have to navigate differently on the NHRA site now to get that info. Go to the red bar at the top of the page where it says NHRA 101 and then POINTS right beside it. Go into POINTS and then click Mello Yello 2015. It will take you the Driver's list of who's running what. Presently the only Ford shown in Top Fuel Funny Car is Tim Wilkerson, but then we all know what he's really powered by, don't we.
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

BlueDjinn > "You have to navigate differently on the NHRA site now to get that info."
Some of us old dummies need to know the starting link for the "NHRA site".
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

I noticed at Pomona Bob Tasca, the Turd, was a no show and wonder if he has decided to piss on the fire and call the dogs.
BlueDjinn

Post by BlueDjinn »

moparornocar wrote:BlueDjinn > "You have to navigate differently on the NHRA site now to get that info."
Some of us old dummies need to know the starting link for the "NHRA site".
http://www.nhra.com/nhraontv/default.aspx In the red bar at the top of the page click on POINTS. When the page changes go to the left where it says Mello Yellow Drag Racing Series and click on that. It provides a list of who's running and what they propose to be running.
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

Thanks BD, but that was/is not what I was looking for. Until this year a part of the schedule for each race showed an Entry List for each event catagory such as TF, FC, PS, Stock, Super Stock, Comp. Elim., TOP Dragster, etc. And showed the brand of engine. The entry list is no longer there and for many years only about 6% of the cars were Ford powered. You may recall that many years ago the Flathead Ford V-8 was highly regarded as the only real fast car, but look at the early years of Nascar and find the Ford Flathead V-8 won only 1 race which was a 1/4 mile dirt track that the bigger names skipped. During the early years the lowly regarded inline 6 Plymouth won 10 races. Ignorance is the engine that drives Ford.
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

Well, old dummy finally figured it out; on the event home page there is a search block up on the right side and seems you must search as this example "2015 gatornationals entry list", http://www.nhra.com/schedules/2015.aspx, http://www.nhra.com/events/event/gatornationals2015/, http://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventCa ... &cc=7&rn=3
BlueDjinn

Post by BlueDjinn »

"My bad" moparornocar. You wanted a list like this: http://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventCa ... &cc=2&rn=3
Yes, I can see where Johnnie is callin' his Injun the JFR 500. He stopped calling it the BOSS 500 when FORD said they weren't gonna pimp his ride no more.
Johnnie says and I quote: We’ve got a lot of work (remaining),” said Force, who is working with new crew chief Jon Schaffer. “We haven’t even started on the engine program, but we will, and in time we’ll change it. But we’re going to be OK. Unquote.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would presume that this is an engine program that takes a Chrysler style HEMI that masquerades as a FORD and turns it into a Chrysler style HEMI that masquerades as a CHEVROLET.
Personally I think that "Johnnie" shouldn't be allowed to run nitro class anything until he denounces the BOSS 500 for the fraud that it is and makes it very clear to all of the blue oval bozos out there that they haven't seen a FORD powered Top Fuel anything in 43 years.
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

BD>"My bad" moparornocar. No problemo Kemosabe. Me thinks Cheby will not be part of that type of low life scam. They do not have to; they have pro stock by the tail with a downhill pull, plus most of the lower classes. A Ford engine has not won a class in the first 2 races.
BlueDjinn

Post by BlueDjinn »

moparornocar, the ENTRY LIST for each event catagory is back in the same place on the SCHEDULE as it was before. Somebody must've said something. Much easier now. More straight forward.