K&N Million mile Air filter

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

Ritterkreuz

K&N Million mile Air filter

Post by Ritterkreuz »

Anybody else try one of these? I know a bunch of people who have gotten one and all say that it does what it says. It gave them all about a 2-5 HP boost for their cars. IDK about you, but I like the sound of an easy additional 2-5 horses under the hood. It runs about $55, but its supposed to last the lifetime of the vehicle. Guess I'm looking for additional opinions before I buy.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

I have the K&N drop-in filter. Did it add ponies? I doubt that it did. Might have, but I did not dyno before nor after. Some claim they have lost power by using a similar filter. I did notice a slight improvement in fuel economy after installing one. I ordered mine from summitracing.com, but don't think I paid that much. You do have to clean and reoil the filter on a regular basis.
2004 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper Zeon XSTs / Bilsteins / Westin Ovals / BedRug / LoRider Lid / Infinity / '03 Hemi Tailpipe w/ Gibson Tip / K&N Drop-In Filter
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I run K&N filters on everything I own, including my Harley. Can't say if I've gained any horsepower, but I feel they do a much better job of filtering the dust and dirt we have here in the desert. The dirt track racers around here love them.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

I've done some research and they do seem to be the best filter around. I think I'll go for it.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package