More on Dodge's new entry for NASCAR next year.

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

Ritterkreuz

More on Dodge's new entry for NASCAR next year.

Post by Ritterkreuz »

From Jayski.com
New Dodge car close to submission to NASCAR: According to folks involved with the Dodge factory efforts, their new car is close to ready for submission to NASCAR. The target date for submission is June 1st [well..was, not sure if it made it], though July 1st is the drop-dead date set by NASCAR for new car submissions. According to the Dodge source, that car will be more recognizable [Charger? Daytona?] than any of the current fleet. The factory rep would tell the name of the car, but the huge rollout scheduled for next year's Speedweeks [at Daytona] might be a hint on what name might be hung on Dodge's 2005 entry. If / when NASCAR approves the new Dodge, it will mean that every year since joining the [Cup] tour that Dodge Cup owners have had to carve their cars up for the following season.(Speedway Scene Print Edition - issue dated 5/28/2004) and they will again in 2006, when the 'Car of the Future' [COF] will supposedly run.(6-9-2004)
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
dodgedifferent2

Post by dodgedifferent2 »

300C?
georgejetson

Post by georgejetson »

dodgedifferent2 wrote:300C?
No, Charger.
dodgedifferent2

Post by dodgedifferent2 »

charger is not being called into effect till 2006 so i heard....so that leaves a year in the middle..
georgejetson

Post by georgejetson »

The current word is that Charger will debut at NAIAS in January '05 and be in production by April. It'll be called an '06 model but all signs and sources say it'll be next year's NASCAR pattern.

There may be a "Charger Daytona" variant, btw -- rumors of that have surfaced several times.
383Dart

Post by 383Dart »

300C= barn Door, it'd take alot of work to make that car abide to NASCARS basic car design rule. Its not a feasable project in my opinion. I could however see a Magnum sedan being a bit closer to whats required, but it too is very square with the exception of the front facia. Now, if u remember Chrysler had the Hemi on the track almost a year before it was available in production cars, they made a promise to Bill France that it would later be available as a production engine. So, the feasability factor of them releasin the Charger as a stock car a few months ahead of January would be a good idea. It would give us all something to drool over and admire and dream about. You see that car enough and i garauntee you'll want one, so there for the inital sales volume would be higher than if they introduced to to the general public and then transformed it into a stock car. Just my 2 cents :-?