eatin chevys shittin fords

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

04hemi

Post by 04hemi »

Anyone out there beat a newer Chevy or Ford... Lately??? I came up next to a late 80's Chevy who was using his pedal to talk a lot of junk and I came up on his tailend fast - then just NAILED it by him. I have a fairly loud exhaust and a Hemi, so I think he got the point there are bigger fish swimming in the river!!!!! C'mon guys, I haven't had the chance to whoop up on these guys with$35,000.00 Chevys or Fords, but I'm sure someone has, spill the beans boys
04hemi

Post by 04hemi »

Sorry I forgot I did race a newer Chevrolet!!!! The guy was about 70 and he had a 2500HD Duramax diesel 6.6 ltr V8 Engine. Base MSRP $38,000. So he whooped me on the FORTH OF JULY, with my wife and her younger bother too... At the time my truck was bone stock with like 250 miles on it too. I didn't expect him to race - he was like I said around 70 yrs old, so he got the jump on me and then he kept on trucking. So sorry I forgot, but I would have liked to forget it forever if you catch my drift!!! I might of caught him at around 60MPH or so, but the road merged into one lane and I did a lot of that type of stuff in my younger years... so I kind of know now when to admit I am beat. :cry:

Soory for the bad story, now let's hear a good one
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

I dont have a Hemi but the Only time I was ever beat was by a Chevy also. He had an 8.1LHD 4x4, My 4x4 has a 5.9 (stock) So he walked away from me after 30mph even though I got the Jump on him. I have better luck with stock civics and NA Ricers. F150s are a joke....... not worth the gas.
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
fast5800pdhemi

Post by fast5800pdhemi »

i own a 2003 dodge qc 4x4 with hemi of course and just the other day i had a ford f350 with the new 6.0l deisel rc shortbed come up on me we both jumped on it at about 55 i pulled a truck length away from him then when we hit about 85 i was gone he tried it 3 more times and i wooped him the same way everytime you could tell he wasnt to happy i havent been able to come up against any chevys yet and i know i would beat the smaller fords i also have 42000 miles on my truck too!!!
hemipanter

Post by hemipanter »

04hemi wrote: I didn't expect him to race - he was like I said around 70 yrs old, so he got the jump on me and then he kept on trucking.
I did a lot of that type of stuff in my younger years... so I kind of know now when to admit I am beat. :cry:
Soory for the bad story, now let's hear a good one
Ok, a better one, if still not that good.
I am not 70 but well over 60. I should do my very best trying to pass those 70 up guys to protect the HEMI honour. I also hear som talk from time to time that tose older guys sort of slows up the traffic. Some of them seems quite fast then. I rearly see any yonger guys coming up for a race. They are probably victims of the slow-old-man-syndrom idea.
Or might it be that the 9 litre HEMI lable keeps them busy? :D
Goran Malmberg