68 Super Stock out of moth balls

Discuss the good old days of Hemi racing.
fasttoys

68 Super Stock out of moth balls

Post by fasttoys »

We finally finished getting the 68 Hurst Hemi Barracuda back to 100%. I had stored this car in July 68 and finally decided to put it back to life in June of this year. I will be sending Scott M some photo's soon. The car is candy red and candy silver with candy gold stripes and accents. We took the car to the strip and worked out some details. Had a heck of a time getting it to hook up. Did several 1/4 and 1/2 passes and enough tweeks to need a few beverages. We finally got a couple of full passes. On the last pass it carried the front wheels about 75 feet. The best was a 9.89 at 142.43. Not to bad for one old car. In all honesty we did update a few items due to age etc. I will have the car at the Supercar Re-union in Collinsville Ill. over the Labor day weekend (www.yenko.net) and intend to make a few passes. If any of you guys get a chance to get up there please stop and say hello. The odommeter now reads a whopping 27.4 miles.
68 Hemi Hurst Barracuda,
70 Hemi RR,
69 Yenko,
Fast toys
ttcrebel

68 Hurst HEMI Cuda

Post by ttcrebel »

Sounds like one heck of a ride. So this is an original BO29 car? Are you planning to run the car as a legal superstocker? Is it an automatic or 4 speed? I'd love to see pics of the car sometime. My dad and I have an original '68 BO29 car that has been shown in northeast car shows for the last 10 years. It's painted white and has the name "White Elephant".