A925 4-Valve DOHC Hemi

Discussion of the prototype Hemis.

Moderator: scottm

scottm

A925 4-Valve DOHC Hemi

Post by scottm »

A925 4-Valve DOHC Hemi

After getting smashed by the 426 Hemi, Ford when back
and came up with the over 600-hp 427 SOHC "Cammer".
The guys at Mopar caught wind of this plan and started to
work on something to counter with -- the DOHC 426 Hemi.
The powers to be at NASCAR did away with these engines,
so we never got to see them fight it out on the race track.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Let me know if anyone else has some more info on these!
freebird12345687

Post by freebird12345687 »

I can say only one thing....ONLY MOPAR!!! I think honestly though, i'd rather see the twin cam tunnel 32-OHV Hemi. Thats a weird one to say, Twin Cam OHV. Dual Cam OHV. I dunno weird concept, but if anyone could have made it work its the Chrysler boys. I got to thinking about another point of interest today also, this motor has been on my mind all day, what if someone with lots of money offered to fix the tappet retainer issue? That is after all the only thing preventing ths motor from running correct? ....anyway if this problem was corrected parts could be cast from this motor, just like the guy in Seattle i've heard of who builds brand new Ford 427 Cam slingers. Someone oughtta find this guy and suggest it as a business venture. Oh well, sometimes the way things turn out are for the best, but I honestly think this engine alone would have changed automotive history as we know it, both on a production standpoint and a performance standpoint. Just sharing some thoughts, later all
HemiHatchard

Re: A925 4-Valve DOHC Hemi

Post by HemiHatchard »

One head for sale on EBAY this week!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.