Hi from new member

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Mike P

Hi from new member

Post by Mike P »

Found this frorum yesterday and wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm a 50+ semi-retired mechanic who started out in a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership in the late 60's where I got my first exposure to both the early Firepower and 426 Hemi's. I am currently in the initial phase of building my 57 Plymouth Plaza 2 dr sedan (I've been collecting parts for the last 12 years and decided it was about time I actually started doing something). The drive train will consist of a 354 Hemi (which I still have to freshen up). Some of the parts I've collected include the proper 57-8 392 pan to let it fit the car, and a really neat dual plane Tri-Power intake. I will be using the overdrive version of the Chrysler 833 4 spd (the adaptor has already been built) and a 9 1/4" rearend with 4.10 posi. This is a long term project, but it should be fun when it's done. I also have another Hemi on the back burner, a 55 New Yorker 331 that I have an old Weiand 6X2 bbl intake set aside for. I've seen a lot of good info here and am glad I found the site.[/img]