Valve cover guide screws for spark plug wire covers

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Bailiesdad

Valve cover guide screws for spark plug wire covers

Post by Bailiesdad »

I have 2 part numbers for the guides in the Chrysler parts book, 1328 354 and the over sized one 1554 043. These are listed in group 8-36.

The ones on 4 sets of valve covers I have, Chrysler and Chrysler Marine, Imperial, Desoto, and Dodge are 12-24 and the oversized ones listed in the Chrysler parts book are 1/4-20, is 3.57 per hunderd for the proper 12-24 phillips head rounded top counter sunk screws about right, or should I tap them out and risk destroying them and use the oversized 1/4-20 priced at 3.98 per hundered? Also, does anyone know, did they change to the larger ones for all valve covers at some date or time?

(I know there are lots of straight slot screws available but the phillips head was meant to keep the screwdriver from slipping out of the head of the screw and scratching the valve cover.)
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Why dont you just give it up Pete? or is it udidit4..or oldhemidude. You tried this on Moparts, and it didnt work. It wont here either.
For one, the part numbers you are giving, located in 8-36-14 are the spring steel wire guides which fit over the wire cover stands. You have the part numbers correct, the first is before serial number 2644 on M45S, the second is after serial number 2644.
The actual part number for the cover screws located in section 8-36-4 of the 56 marine parts book would be 134 436. Thats 1/4-20 to you.
If you dont like my parts, ignore them. Dont spend your time ripping on me.Spend your time on Racingjunk.com piecing together your ebay built hemi Plymouth instead of posting on every board you can find.
If I can assist you in reading your parts books in the future, just ask. We are all here to help.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

Oh Ok tom, so 1/4-20 number 8-36-14 for 3.98 per one hundred, or about 10 cents each, I will tap them out, thanks.

What is an ebay built hemi tom? Do they build your motors?
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

I'm really not sure of the price, but if you can buy them for that, (I assume they are NOT stainless),use what you need and sell the rest on ebay... or ummm..Racingjunk.com :P
And yes....in a round about way, ebay does build my motors. :wink:

Now..if I could only buy some Dodge wire covers..................
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
scottm

Post by scottm »

I'm locking this thread before it gets out of hand. :-?