O ringed 392 heads for Bln, Injd. flat bottom

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

hnchmnomad

O ringed 392 heads for Bln, Injd. flat bottom

Post by hnchmnomad »

Hi, saw this forum and I hope I can get a cure for my problem ?
I have a Jim Shubert built 392, it has lots of HP parts (for those days) like Aluminum rod's and a 671 GMC blower, hilborn Mec. FI, roller lifters, to name a few. the problem is I have O ringed heads and can not find out info on the application as to what gaskets to run, I was forced to let an idiot baby sit my boat for a few years and he lunched a crank so I have no idea what he did when he half assed tryed to cover his ignorance , any way we do not comunicate unles it is in brail so I do not know what was in the engine as far as head gaskets, basicly oil and water do not mix and I need a cure, any info will be a help.
The new kid on the site
PS HELP
and thanks
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

depending on the bore size, I have gaskets for the engine, give me a call if you want to buy them 301-277-4433
DblAdigger

392 fixin.

Post by DblAdigger »

I have a variety of '92 parts and though I haven't seen Jim in several years, he built some good motors. I'm also not that far away( 35 minutes from Santa Susana pass. (805) 386-3311 9/5.
Charlie.
Chuck Stevens
Some people can break a cannon ball, in a sand box, with their bare hands.
hnchmnomad

Post by hnchmnomad »

Thanks dblAdigger I am in the prosses of tearing down my top end and may give you a call soon I am interested in ( or concentrating on ) the head gaskets and O rings, I also have a crack in one cylinder between the valves that I am going to have pinned and doweled, I may want to pick up a set of heads and I will be interested in some rockers also so I will check you out

DblAdigger

Post by DblAdigger »

I wouldn't try to pin those cracks. They are, prety much, normal and cause no problem unless they leak water. I have considerable experience with these heads and suggest you call me before taking them anyplace.
Charlie.
Chuck Stevens
Some people can break a cannon ball, in a sand box, with their bare hands.
hnchmnomad

Post by hnchmnomad »

:o You know, I am glad you said that because I was thinking they are not leaking water and is due to the gasket I use last time which basicly went over the O ring and kept the gasket from laying flat . :roll: I prefer to be carefull with this stuff and the dude who took it apart without me present is not a good sorce of info on just what it had in it when he disasembled it
OK thanks it is the week end so I am going to try to get wrenchin and I will contact you on a land line.
Thanks again hnchmnomad@yahoo.com :D