331 Industrial

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Leon

331 Industrial

Post by Leon »

Am looking for a 354 block. My brother has a complete 331 that came out of a car,but its the industrial block. would like to find a block if possible so he can complete his set up for his street rod. Im sure you know the drill for the industrial so this would eliminate some machining of custom parts to make it work. Its going to be a blown application in a 34 Hudson with a 400 turbo,so it ought to be interesting.

Thks, Leon
JJ

Post by JJ »

I have 2 331 industrials and would like to drop one in my 35 ford pickup. I will not be putting a blower on it. By your post you seem to know what all is involved to put and industrial on the street. I know they have additional water ports on the front of the block, is this a major problem? What else do I need to know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

And Ill keep my eye out for a 354 block for you.

JJ
Jimmy
George

331 industrial

Post by George »

You can get rid of some of the front clutter by using a 51-54 car front cover. ind. heads tend to have a narrow tall water passage that goes across under the carb. Automotive heads have a square passage, so the intakes don't interchange.