later tranny

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

greasy

later tranny

Post by greasy »

will an early hemi bolt to a later torqueflite transmission?
thanks guys
Last edited by greasy on Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

There are a couple of different adapters on the market to put a 727 behind the early hemis. Bob Walker at www.hothemiheads.com sells one, and T. R. Waters who is one of the members here used to sell a really nice one, but I'm not sure if he still sells them. I believe he was machining them himself, and in my opinion thet were the best setup on the market. I'm sure he will see this topic and reply himself.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
TrWaters

adapters

Post by TrWaters »

Email me for details or take the link to my page. I am currently waiting for a run to get back from the shop. I expect a week or so. Thanks.

Tom

My advice when purchasing an adapter is to compare those that are available. My adapter is the only billet adapter (the others mentioned are CAST aluminum) available for early hemi to 518, 904, or 727 trans. And it is the ONLY adapter available which allows the use of the stock mopar transmission and starter shields with NO modifications. The ONLY flexplate sold with my adapter is the B&M SFI certified plate, not a no name house brand.
Take a look in Mopar Muscle or Mopart Action magazine. or the Mopar Muscle Engine Tech Guide. You'll find mine there.
Are mine as strong? Ask Keisler Engineering or Passon Performance. Ask those mentioned. I encourage you to call Roger at Wilcap. He's a great guy. Call Harold Barnett. I've sold him half a dozen of my 727 adapters. Call Bob at HotHeads. Another very nice guy, and he makes a nice adapter kit too.
Shop and compare.
Last edited by TrWaters on Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

Try Roger at Wilcap, they have been around the longest and make several variations in stock at all times. Wildcap designed their product.

Wilcap also makes or has instock many many other products and will make anything you need. He does all the work inhouse and can modify or customize it for your needs if necessary. None of the others can or will do this.

Also try Harold Barnett he had some of the nicest strongest ones ever made. plynut@aol.com
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Q.E.C. sells one too. It's a horse shoe & a steel design, there is a picture of it in the Early Hemi Manual book. There is a lot of nice ones out on the market.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant