Rebuilding tips and tricks

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

cylontymany

Rebuilding tips and tricks

Post by cylontymany »

I am searching for more info on building a blown 392 for the street. I want to build a stout motor but not to over do it as stated in the tex smith book. This book is a good general knowledge book but I want more. I wish some of the cackle heads would help us little guys that want a piece of nostalgia too!
Lazyeye

Yessss Please !!!!!

Post by Lazyeye »

I'm also looking to build a good stout street motor hopfully round 350 h.p just to burn off the tires on my 50 plymouth and that HEMI wow factor when I hit the local cruuuze spot and pop the hood , i honestly dont want it to hook and go 10's, I just want it to sound good burn off the hoops and be dependable. It wont see over 5000 r.p.m.'s and I wont race Just want a cruiser. I was cert.chev tech but it ran out in 2000, now dont work in the industry ,and am so figgin tired of seeing the COMBO ( its done got'er a 350 with a turbo 350 yesiree done blowed off 2 big blocks last week and its a camaro or friggin chevelle AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! and I'm a chevy guy but it's time for a switch and would really like to learn the Hemi,like I know small and big block chev's so any of you great HEMI Gurus ?what is a good street cam grind?,what brand of manifold? would really like a dual quad setup!with 2 edelbrock 450's cause a HEMI gots to have a carter carb I think it's written in the bible or sumthin .......LOL and what are some good books with info on the early Hemi's ?And the project is this .............. 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2-door sedan and swapping in a '56 Imperial 354 with push button torqueflitealso out of the Imperial Sagain guys Thanks very Mucho . Later Jon
HemiDeuce

Post by HemiDeuce »

Check out How to Build Vintage Hot Rod V-8 Engines by George McNicholl
Published by Motorbooks International ISBN 0-7603-2084-5.
It covers in detail the builds of both a Carburated and Blown 354 and 392 Hemi street engines.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

Need info or stuff get you list and a pad, then call 301-277-4433