Anyone have an oil filter #...

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

krooser

Anyone have an oil filter #...

Post by krooser »

I'm running an early Dodge truck canister oil filter on my 354. It's the top loader type that you pull the filter out the top and the canister stays on the block.

I need a filter #...anybody know what it takes?

Thanks
China...Great Food...Crappy Tools
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Do you have an old filter you can measure? If so I may be able to get you a filter number, as I work at a Car Quest store and have access to a filter book with dimensions listed. I would need the overall heighth and width of the filter cartridge and the inside diameter of the top and bottom holes in the filter. Also, do you know what year of Dodge truck it came out of, and the size of engine it came off of? Post whatever info you can and I will try to help you out.
Larry
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
scottm

Post by scottm »

I'm told that Hot Heads has a 30 degree spin on oil filter mount
that can be used with a K&N filter that has a nut made on to the
top and both painted black to look like a stock setup.
krooser

Post by krooser »

Well, I ordered a filter at NAPA...we spent about an hour going thru the various filters for many of the passenger car and truck applications without any luck. THERE ARE MANY!!!!

Then we found a listing for an industrial engine...all the measurements seem to be correct (I do NOT have the original filer cartridge)...when i get back home next week I'll find out.

I want to keep the "vintage" look of this filter. The Gartlis Museum has many Hemi powered cars in its collection and almost all of the early engines ran this filter set-up.

Now if I can just get about 3,000 HP outta this thing...
China...Great Food...Crappy Tools