What kind of speed equipment would you like to see made?

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

retro

What kind of speed equipment would you like to see made?

Post by retro »

I work for a company that is casting speed equipment for the dodge and desoto hemi's and is looking into the chrysler as well. Your input will have a say in what gets produced. Thanks for the help.
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

Does your employer have a website?Thanks.
desotoman

Post by desotoman »

I want to see someone make a blower manifold for the low deck Desoto.
The ones weiand made are no good for racing. If someone made these I know they could sell quite a few.
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

O.K.,after reading the above reply,why not make the manifold with an interchangeable bolt on top top to accomodate various induction setups?Or a blank top top to let the user determine the end use?Would reduce tooling costs,and make basic manifold base more adaptable to end user.Raised deck maniflods are already close to production by another company.
gary55

Post by gary55 »

Not exactly "castings", but how about Chrysler Hemi headers with primary tubes that are smaller than 2"?

Naturally aspirated low-reving 331's and 354's would do well with 1 5/8" and 1 3/4" diameter tubes.
Moparlee

intakes

Post by Moparlee »

I would like to see a four barrel intake for the low deck Dodge Hemis. Also a nice single plain four barrel intake for the Chrysler Hemis. What do you have now for the low deck Dodges?

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
johnny5

not gonna happen, but...

Post by johnny5 »

I'd like to see a single 4bbl and a 3x 2bbl intake for the 331-354 Chrysler truck motor with a cast in thermostat housing and tall bumps to cover the water x-over ports. I posted this in another part of the forum and only got 1 reply.
retro

Post by retro »

DHEMI wrote:Does your employer have a website?Thanks.
www.eelco-usa.com The Desoto valley pan is done and the dodge red ram is on the way. I can post some pics of the 6x2 manifold next week.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I would like to see a set of cast aluminum valve covers similar to the Donovan covers (without the breather holes or bosses) for a reasonable price.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
johnny5

!

Post by johnny5 »

gary55 wrote:Not exactly "castings", but how about Chrysler Hemi headers with primary tubes that are smaller than 2"?

Naturally aspirated low-reving 331's and 354's would do well with 1 5/8" and 1 3/4" diameter tubes.
I think you're on to something. All 3 early hemi engine families could use some decent exhaust manifolds. It wouldn't be hard to improve upon the factory design and still keep them streetable and affordable to produce. I'd still like to see some more selection for Desotos and Chrysler truck motors in the intake manifold dept.
wayfarer

new castings ?!

Post by wayfarer »

While we are dreaming, a new front cover assembly would be nice. I have modified several LA covers for use on the Desoto and Chrysler but a new one would eliminate alot of machine work. I have also adapted the B-RB housing and like getting rid of the thermostat manifold, but again, alot of machine work. I think a small block style with a built-in t-stat would work well and allow use of all of the small block accessories....
retro

Post by retro »

392heminut wrote:I would like to see a set of cast aluminum valve covers similar to the Donovan covers (without the breather holes or bosses) for a reasonable price.
Patience will pay off on tis request. they are in the works for summer
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

retro wrote:
392heminut wrote:I would like to see a set of cast aluminum valve covers similar to the Donovan covers (without the breather holes or bosses) for a reasonable price.
Awesome!!!
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

retro wrote:
That is nice, Jr Thompson has been doing them for 4 years now selling them for for 400 a set. Donovan started remaunfacturing the origionals also, for 450 a set.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Bailiesdad wrote: That is nice, Jr Thompson has been doing them for 4 years now selling them for for 400 a set. Donovan started remaunfacturing the origionals also, for 450 a set.
If you'll notice, I said a reasonable price. :roll:
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

That is why, with a limited market item, no company can afford to produce parts.

Maybe you can get some of the recent marchers to hammer out a few sets, and sell them for less. Call their new valve covers Donoman, like those knock off Rolox watches... :lol:
retro

Post by retro »

Under 400.00 is tough to accomplish due to the size of the cover and the weight of the aluminum. You cam make 4 chevy cover with the same amount of material. And cast 2 at a time. Hemi covers are done one at a time. I think they will be under 400.00pr unpolished. i will keep you posted.
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Intakes, intakes & more intakes. Please.
For all the early Hemis. Some newer stuff. Thanks guys for trying and making things for the early Hemis.

Lee
392 Hemi
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Intakes, intakes & more intakes. Please.
For all the early Hemis. Some newer stuff. Thanks guys for trying and making things for the early Hemis.

Lee
392 Hemi
4xNut

Re: new castings ?!

Post by 4xNut »

wayfarer wrote:While we are dreaming, a new front cover assembly would be nice. I have modified several LA covers for use on the Desoto and Chrysler but a new one would eliminate alot of machine work. I have also adapted the B-RB housing and like getting rid of the thermostat manifold, but again, alot of machine work. I think a small block style with a built-in t-stat would work well and allow use of all of the small block accessories....
I'm with Wayfarer here. I'm in the process of adapting an LA cover to my 56 truck 354. The machining is turning out to be a major pain in the butt, but I want to run a mechanical fuel pump, which none of the aftermarket covers that I've seen, have.

I also like the idea of using a Mopar water pump instead of a Geriatric Motors piece :lol: