Brass Freeze and shaft plugs for all early hemis

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Bailiesdad

Brass Freeze and shaft plugs for all early hemis

Post by Bailiesdad »

Is there any interest in the posting of the Dorman Part Numbers for the brass freeze plugs and shaft plugs for the early Chrysler and for that matter any Hemi engine.

Maybe the moderator Tom could help out on this one. Then I could get the wholesale source and prices, then post the telephone contact for the guys. :D

(It is a waste of time using those steel plugs when you rebuild one of these expensive engines, or any engine. The big local machince shop to me, just disposed of thousands of them in the local scrap yard.)
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

Go for it.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

The Brass freeze plugs for the blocks on Chrysler hemis are part numbers

EP-14-B made by Pioneer block plugs
EP-15-B made by Pioneer rear cam plugs
EPC-52 made Pioneer for the shafts the good steel deep plugs

(The Dorman brass plugs for the shafts are not as heavy duty as the deep steel ones made by Pioneer and are enclosed in the oiling system of the engine.)

Pioneer also has all the 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 inch pipe plugs ALSO. :D

Buying them at any Pep Boys, AutoZone, or a NAPA store is a great place to save bucks...over those high swap meet sellers prices... you can also get a couple of spares to practice installing them while you are buying them.

Off to look at Darling bolts website for more useful info. on those special fastners. www.darlingbolt.com
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Sorry Pete, But I only supply the o.e.m. steel type Dorman plugs. The Chrysler engineers used steel plugs...... correct? Why change what has worked for 50+ years. ( I read that somewhere).

I am sure any of the above mentioned parts stores can help our readers out with a cross reference from Pioneer to Dorman.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
scottm

Post by scottm »

I'm locking this thread, I don't see it getting any more useful.