NE1 Interested in thread on RockerArm rebuild and overhaul?

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Bailiesdad

NE1 Interested in thread on RockerArm rebuild and overhaul?

Post by Bailiesdad »

Might be a great thread to post the tips and tricks to help people rebuild their own or what to look for in used units before purchase.

I could give input from my expirence and get input from the machine shop that does work I do not have tooling to accomplish. (Those taps and dies for the adjustable rockerarm nuts and arms are real expensive.)

(Now that the plugs are posted here and available, it is another great way to save members big bucks on their rebuilds.)

What you guys think? We could start a little tech thread or section that could bring in parts sponsors and more members.

I could work on getting a "member only price" for any work members could not accomplish themselves and wanted to subcontract out.
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Great idea Pete. And as an added service to our readers, as the senior member of the Never Picked Up Sales Team, maybe you could list where to get those $1.00 shaft collars? That would even save ME some money.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

Hey, Tom don't know what you are reffering to but I buy collars from American collar for about 80 cents each. Less, if I buy 100 lots.

You reffering to one of my customers reselling them?

BTW American collar makes many more styles than you could get trolling ebay for deals and will sell to anyone with a retail sales liscense.

Why not start the thread out with the way you rebuild those very expensive non adjustable rocker arm sets.

I could go over how to rebuild a set for 20-25 bucks for the economically challanged crowd. :D
scottm

Post by scottm »

http://www.thehemi.com/tips.php

There's been a Tips and Tricks section on the site for years.
Just not too many people have provided me with any details.
If you want to add something to that section... let me know!