Cross Ram for the 392

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Hemi392_B-Body

Cross Ram for the 392

Post by Hemi392_B-Body »

It seems to me, I've seen a Cross Ram manifold, similar to the ones used on the 426 (2x4), offered for the 392 series engines. Can anyone confirm this, or am I just dreaming.

Thanks
Bob
TrWaters

intake

Post by TrWaters »

Dont feel alone....many have dreamed of a 2x4 cross ram for early hemis. The only production pieces I have seen are the early Weiand 6 x 2 crossram, or (as an add on) the Offenhauser bolt on adapters.

Some guy did come up with this one tho. :o Vic Jr. said he doesnt remember his dad ever making one. :lol:
http://home.together.net/~twaters/
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
krooser

Re: intake

Post by krooser »

TrWaters wrote:Dont feel alone....many have dreamed of a 2x4 cross ram for early hemis. The only production pieces I have seen are the early Weiand 6 x 2 crossram, or (as an add on) the Offenhauser bolt on adapters.

Some guy did come up with this one tho. :o Vic Jr. said he doesnt remember his dad ever making one. :lol:
http://home.together.net/~twaters/
the guy that owns that cross-ram was gonna give it to me...maybe that was a dream?!?!?!
China...Great Food...Crappy Tools
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

I wish that somebody would start making intakes for them again. As in corss rams(that be killer), nice single plain four barrel, and a Performer RPM style would be bad to the bone too.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
krooser

Post by krooser »

Moparlee wrote:I wish that somebody would start making intakes for them again. As in corss rams(that be killer), nice single plain four barrel, and a Performer RPM style would be bad to the bone too.

Lee
Hot Heads makes a nice single plane....
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Hot Heads' manifold is a dual plane design, and is very similar to an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap manifold. I have one on my 392 and am very happy with it. The Hot Heads manifold with a Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb was 2 tenths of a second quicker in the quarter than the Weiand dual 4 manifold with two Edelbrock 600 carbs. Guess which one went to Ebay!
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
krooser

Post by krooser »

392heminut wrote:Hot Heads' manifold is a dual plane design, and is very similar to an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap manifold. I have one on my 392 and am very happy with it. The Hot Heads manifold with a Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb was 2 tenths of a second quicker in the quarter than the Weiand dual 4 manifold with two Edelbrock 600 carbs. Guess which one went to Ebay!
ahhhhh...Hot Heads?
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

krooser

Post by krooser »

krooser wrote:
392heminut wrote:Hot Heads' manifold is a dual plane design, and is very similar to an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap manifold. I have one on my 392 and am very happy with it. The Hot Heads manifold with a Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb was 2 tenths of a second quicker in the quarter than the Weiand dual 4 manifold with two Edelbrock 600 carbs. Guess which one went to Ebay!
ahhhhh...Hot Heads?
I was "guessing" which one went to Ebay....

I have no doubt the single four was quicker....1200 cfm is usually overkill even for a 392....cool looking but too much.....

No criticism...just my experience...
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Yeah, the dual four setup was great eye candy, but lacking in performance. I had the setup tuned to where it ran really good, no bog whatsoever, and with the progressive linkage and 3.23 rear gears the Cuda got 15 mpg cruising the interstate at 75 mph. I probably should have kept the setup in case I decide to stop racing the car and just cruise it.
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Killer, I think that the single plane unit is a big tunnel ram intake or is it not from Hot Heads? I was just stating that a single four barrel single plane would be nice. I didn't realise that the Hot Heads four barrel was like a Performer RPM. I thought it was just a stock intake, other than it was aluminum of course.

Lee
Last edited by Moparlee on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
George

Post by George »

Tex Smith's book has a photo of what's supposed to be an Edelbrock 6X2 cross ram.