Toploader belhousing to Hemi who makes them?? pics

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

phil

Toploader belhousing to Hemi who makes them?? pics

Post by phil »

here is a couple of pics of my toploader bellhousing , a mate bought his at a swap meet in the states a couple of years ago , i took a mould of it and had one cast of it , then i machined it , this belhousing bolts up to the original adapter plate , it is a full diameter bolt up (uses all the holes )
there is no brand on it , and has no numbers stamped , Has anybody seen one of these before ImageImageImage
Paul

Post by Paul »

That is most likely a transdapt bellhousing from the 70's. I have the same thing. My problem is that I can't find the correct part # 3/4 "stock adapter plate to go with it. The stock Mahawk 1736183 has the correct bolt hole pattern however, is too thick at 1 1/8". The other common stock adapter plate 1612344 doesn't have the same lower bolt patterns.

I'm very curious what part number you have on your stock adapter? esp. if it's a 3/4" and the bolt holes line up w/ your bellhousing.

I've asked numerous people & nobody here knows much about stock adapters . Nor can anybody direct me to a source to identify them.

I'm guessing that I'm looking for a 1532488 stock adapter 3/4" with the same bolt hole configuration as the bellhousing. You might have one right there & can help me get the correct part # for the mysterious not so common stock adapter.
Paul

Post by Paul »

That bell that you have looks like it is for a 833 4speed. It has a slightly different mounting surface than mine. Mine required a homade adapter . It's still a early transdapt. I'm very interested in the part # of that stock adapter plate. I tried to blow up the picture.
phil

Post by phil »

Paul , sorry for not replying sooner the adapter plate im using is 1 1/8" thick , i cant give you casting number as its installed , all the stock holes on adapter plate bolt up to the bellhousing ,ie all mounting holes are used
i am using a ford toploader 4 sp box, with a tilton hydraulic throw out release bearing