New guy

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

vintage dirt

New guy

Post by vintage dirt »

Howdy,

I just found and joined this forum. I think it's going to be a great help for me. I currently run a vintage dirt race car (modified, circa 1965) powered by a modified'54 331 Chrysler. The engine has a .060 overbore, 12.5 to 1 (yep, race gas) Jahns pistons, an Engle roller tappet cam, a Cirello "Frankenstein" magneto, and 2 of the big 2GC's adapted to a Wiend (sp?) dual quad mainfold. With a good driver (which I'm not) it does pretty well against the "small block" C*$#%y's and F&^%'s most of the guys run, even though my "big hemi" is giving up cubic inches to almost all of them. I'll be busy checking the old post fo the next week or so to see if there are any goodis to be gleaned.

I've been into hemi's a long time; my first rod was a "T" bucket with a 270 '55 Dodge hemi I built in the mid '60's. Since then, I've gotten into a lot of different things, but now the vintage roundy-round gig seems to be the best. So far it is virtually undescovered by the big bucks ("I hire people to work on my cars") folks that seem to be able to ruin just about all aspects of this hobby. (Witness this years Barrett-Jackson).

Well, I'll get off of my soapbox now and see what interesting stuff I can find.

Denny
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

This year's Barret Jackson was a discrace to Mopars. It was Ford sponsored, so evertime a Mopar showed up, it was a fast sell, or they went to commercial break. Look at the amount of Mopar sellers, bought their own vehicles back.
392 Blown Hemi
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

hemidup wrote:This year's Barret Jackson was a discrace to Mopars. It was Ford sponsored, so evertime a Mopar showed up, it was a fast sell, or they went to commercial break. Look at the amount of Mopar sellers, bought their own vehicles back.
What?

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant