Late 727 T/F to early Hemi Adapter?

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

NYer Mike

Late 727 T/F to early Hemi Adapter?

Post by NYer Mike »

I am hoping to gain some advice and insight with the various suppliers of early hemi to late model T/F adapter plates. I have completed my 354 and I am in the process of rebuilding and beefing up a late ('74) T/F. I will be installing this engine/trans combo in a 56 Chrysler. I have researched and found the following suppliers of adapter plates: HotHeads $350.00, Wilcap $395.00 and Trwaters $425.00. There may be others out there but the three listed are the only ones I have found.

Other than the price differences are there quality, fit/finish, installation issues? I guess I am looking for pros and cons between the three.

Regards, Mike
DHEMI

T/F to early Hemi

Post by DHEMI »

From personal experiance,I don't like anything Wilcrap makes,and also the opioion of some others.I used Tom Waters adapter,excellent fit and finish,and uses stock sheet metal parts,wich others don't.Pay the extra $ and you will be satisfied.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Let me add one more option. I also make TF adapters (since 1980) except that mine are steel instead of alum. Steel only adds a couple of pounds to overall weight.
PM if you want more info.
www.qualityengineeredcomponents.com
Early Hemi Parts and Pieces,

INVENTORY CLEARANCE IN PROGRESS. See website for details.
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

I was getting ready to say QEC, but hey I didn't even realize that was you. The one I have is either like yours or it is yours. I like it.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant