Help Out with Hemi Tips & Tricks

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

budmspeeco

Help Out with Hemi Tips & Tricks

Post by budmspeeco »

I was going to reply but it is set up so only moderators can reply. I had to change the oil adapter on the truck motor because the first one I used was the wrong thickness and the dist. shaft would not work. Be sure to check these things before you install the pan and weld the pickup to the pump housing. I had done that with the pickup supplied with the Moroso pan. I finally used the HH pickup with the screw-in brass fitting and threaded pickup screen. I put it on with red locktite and was astounded at how tight it got. I was afraid it may come unscrewed . I actually took it off once to check and thought I was not going to be able to unscrew it without ruining the pickup. Bob, it works great.
'48 anglia
Paul

Post by Paul »

People have to also remember. When using a higher flowing after market oil filter adapter, a bypass plug should be installed. The high pressure is likely to keep the old stock pressure spring pushed in, allowing your oil to bypass your "shiny new" after market oil filter set ups. Hot heads sells the plug kits. They are cheap. There's a slight offset in the oil feed hole. When you go to knock the old ball and cage set up out from the top, don't use as big of as drift possible to knock it out with. You will just get it stuck. Use a long thin drift it taps right out.