Engine builders in the northeast

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

mikey

Engine builders in the northeast

Post by mikey »

I would like to build a 331 or 354 hemi for use in a street rod. Can anyone recommend an engine builder in the northeast? I live in southeast Connecticut.
Thanks...Mike
Paul

Post by Paul »

I lived in Windsor locks / Enfield Ct 4 a decade 6 years ago

Ask Roger Pease(machinist) in Summers CT. If he has any torque plates. He works out of a shop beside his house. Nice equipt & reasonably priced. He does alot of work for the round -N- round chevy smallblockracers. He'll probably appreciate a higher quality nickel content with forged recips 4 a change. He'll have to send out for balance, that's about it.

There's about 10 tips in building these. If you decide to do alot of the work yourself, I might still have a Early Hemi build photo gallery. I've gone through 3 & they are moderate hp builds with reliable results. Get a good non - raced core. They can be great street motors ' Kinda like the 354's You can build them with 331 recips
later Paul
AlteredImage

Post by AlteredImage »

Larry's Auto machine in Stonington is worth a call I have always heard good things about them. Arico Machine in Lisbon also does alot of work and B&M Machine in Brooklyn is also good.
Josh
procharged 354

Post by procharged 354 »

I may be alittle late... we may not be in conn. but we are in mass and have built a few high end early hemis.

All Cape Machine shope
1508 775 0623
ask for dennis