1957 chrysler 300C

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

offerslake

1957 chrysler 300C

Post by offerslake »

Hi Group.I would like some input from you guys.I think I can buy a 57 chrysler 300C convertable from a 75 year old man.It is all there and has had some restoration started on it.New correct leather seats,new wide whitewalls,new brakes and lines.It has the original hemi and it runs.He would be asking $38,000 for it.Please let me know what you think.Thank you in advance. Ron
392heminut

Re: 1957 chrysler 300C

Post by 392heminut »

For that kind of money I would hope the rest of the car is in excellent shape! The cost of interior, tires and brakes is a drop in the bucket compared to what it would cost you to have rust cut out and new sheetmetal welded in and bodywork done, especially since there is virtually no repro sheetmetal available for that car. Anyone who has taken on the task of restoring a car will tell you that the interior is one of the least expensive aspects of a restoration! Don't let that interior suck you in, make sure the rest of the car is as nice as those seats!
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
wayfarer

Re: 1957 chrysler 300C

Post by wayfarer »

$38K sounds like a bunch...you might also check with the folks at the 'forward look' web site-they have a great forum.
www.qualityengineeredcomponents.com
Early Hemi Parts and Pieces,

INVENTORY CLEARANCE IN PROGRESS. See website for details.