Best Heads For Blown Street 392

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

cylontymany

Best Heads For Blown Street 392

Post by cylontymany »

I enjoyed the article by gene adams I really wish more people like this would share their knowledge on early hemis before they are gone! Most of us including myself or only going to build a naturally aspirated or blown engine for the street. So what would be the best heads for a stout blown street/strip motor! I have been basically told to just use my 92 heads with a port job and stock or larger valves! Using 354 heads or even triple 555 heads you not going to notice a whole lot on the street-all out drag racing yes! Any more thoughts out there on this? Thanxs
George

Re: Best Heads For Blown Street 392

Post by George »

what you said lines up with Don Garlits comments in the Tex Smith book.
speedicusmaximus

Post by speedicusmaximus »

If you're not bothered too much about cost, or don't already have a set of the cast iron (CI) heads, go with a fully ported set of Hot Heads aluminum Hemi heads - not cheap, but worth the extra cost in terms of port flow, and you can raise the static compression ratio over the "CI" heads. They'll save you a bunch of weight into the bargain !

They're also covered in Tex Smith's Hemi book.

Mike
8) :wink:
Beep ! Beep !
dan miller

Post by dan miller »

With a blower, the engine weight can get out of hand. In a hurry! Hot Heads are light, a very good value, and some have a built in "spacer" so that they can be utilized on a low deck engine.

However, 392 heads are about half the price as compared to the good (1954-55) 331 factory heads, and would work just fine on anything other than an all out race car.

Danny
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

cylontymany wrote:I enjoyed the article by gene adams I really wish more people like this would share their knowledge on early hemis before they are gone! Most of us including myself or only going to build a naturally aspirated or blown engine for the street. So what would be the best heads for a stout blown street/strip motor! I have been basically told to just use my 92 heads with a port job and stock or larger valves! Using 354 heads or even triple 555 heads you not going to notice a whole lot on the street-all out drag racing yes! Any more thoughts out there on this? Thanxs
If you don't mine me asking, what article by Gene Adams are you referring too? Thanks.

Forget it, I see it now.