New guy,few questions 392 '67 valiant

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

jedimaster

New guy,few questions 392 '67 valiant

Post by jedimaster »

I have a '67 valiant 2 door with a slant six. I may be able to pick up a running 1960 392 hemi for a decent price. What info on engine mounts and k frame modification can anyone provide? Also what kind of performance are you guys getting out of your 392's with what modifications? Another one, how hard is it to find parts and what prices do they run? valves, pistons cams, headers etc. I know its askin alot from a newb on the board but hey I gotta start somewhere. I read someone put one into an early 70's dart, I would much apprecite his thoughts.
panic

Post by panic »

Last edited by panic on Sat May 08, 2004 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrWaters

early A body/hemi

Post by TrWaters »

Aside from what motor you may have, I can tell you that this is not a wise first time swap. Unless you are good at fabrication, and have the necessary tools and equipment, you are better off to build yourself a nice smallblock for the car.
Having talked with Mopar Charlie about his Dart/hemi swap, and after doing my own Volare RR/354 swap...I can tell you first hand..it's alot of work. There is no away around the steering linkage without fabrication, as well as having to build your own headers.

TrWaters
Early Hemi Adapters
jedimaster

Post by jedimaster »

Well the guy said it was a 1960 Deluxe, with a 392 hemi, I wasn't entirely sure of that but I also came across a 57 newyorker with a 392, I wasn't sure about the steering linkage(I was hoping someone had made some offset mounts or something), the headers I planned on making myself as I was planning on putting in 4 inch side pipes under the rocker panels(sorta like a viper). Thanks for the info, I also have a couple offers on 360's if you hemis guys are even against this swap I think I better steer clear. Great site btw, if anyone comes across this in the future and has a quick fix/ easyish way of putting in a 392 into a valiant send me an email. yonemitsuv@bpl.on.ca