392 Rocker Difference?

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

NE57

392 Rocker Difference?

Post by NE57 »

I have 32 rockers apparently of two styles put together from the pair of rocker sets that came with the basket case motor and two seperate half-sets I got later on Ebay.(I think they were mixed on their shafts anyway) The pushrod hole is different. Some have a bevel and some seem deeper than others. I'll probally be using adjustable pushrods with a Hyd cam. Should I be concerned about the differences? Are some of these rockers NOT from 392's?

There are two(?) diameters of pushrods available...do they require particular rockers?

I still have yet to have any work done on them besides basic cleaning (man, some were loaded with baked on sludge and a bear to pull apart). Obviously magnifluxing will be the main step in assembling a good set of 16 but any other things to look for? I believe I'll have Mr Waters supply me shafts(none of my 8 look very good) and bush/retip the rockers but I'd like to send him a good rebuildable matched set.

Thanks much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrWaters

Re: 392 Rocker Difference?

Post by TrWaters »

Some rockers differ in appearance due to whomever did the castings. I believe these were one of many parts that Chrysler sourced out. 331 354 and 392 rocker arms will all physically interchange, even though some may look different than others.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.