Weiand mag front cover

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

dan miller

Weiand mag front cover

Post by dan miller »

I purchased some hemi stuff, a lot of it from "in the day", and in the pile, I found a 392 Chrysler Weiand magnesium front cover.

Has anyone ever seen one? Nobody I know has. I tried to call Weiand, but they apparently have merged and no longer have a telephone presence.

A person wants to purchase it, but neither he nor I have a feel for what it's worth. I want to price it fairly for both of us.

Thanks, Danny
mart

Re: Weiand mag front cover

Post by mart »

I have no idea what it's actually worth to sell, but it sounds like it's very cool piece. The aluminum ones are fairly common and I think, still available new. But if it's magnesium, it's definitely an old-school "hardcore competition" piece from the good ol' days.

mart
======================================
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

Here's an old Thomson aluminum cover with I'm guessing to be about 8" of weld repair, and a missing pump cover. It just sold for $323 plus $15 for shipping.

Based on this, I'm guessing your mag cover would sell for twice that on the EvilBay. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

David
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

Here is a cover that just sold for over $550 plus shipping. If you look close, this cover is really rough too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

I guess some really covet these old drag racing bits. :o
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law