Hay Yall.....

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Rob

Re: Hay Yall.....

Post by Rob »

mart, I went ahead and joined up over there. That's a big place. Thanks so much for putting that ad there. Maybe something will come out of it.
George

Post by George »

Another option on the tall& narrow under carb crossover is to weld up the part that is above the car intake flange.
mart

Post by mart »

George wrote:"Another option on the tall& narrow under carb crossover is to weld up the part that is above the car intake flange."
-----------------
Are you talking about the exhaust crossver ports on the the intake side of the cylinder head? If so, you can block those off completely too, by making some 10-gauge or so, sheet-metal plates to fit inside the crossover ports and then brazing them in place.

mart
==================================
George

Post by George »

mart wrote:
George wrote:"Another option on the tall& narrow under carb crossover is to weld up the part that is above the car intake flange."
-----------------
Are you talking about the exhaust crossver ports on the the intake side of the cylinder head? If so, you can block those off completely too, by making some 10-gauge or so, sheet-metal plates to fit inside the crossover ports and then brazing them in place.

mart
Don't know where he is, might need or want some heating!
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm in Georgia so it's not necessary.....BUT I think if I do anything there, it would be to widen the intake flange in that area as aluminum is much easier to weld than cast iron. The Hot Heads intake I am going to run has that taken care of though as it has been redesigned to work with the truck heads.
Rob

Post by Rob »

mart wrote:
-----------------

mart
I have truck heads, remember? The crossover on my heads is water, not exhaust.