Got My Hemi Book Today!!

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Rob

Got My Hemi Book Today!!

Post by Rob »

I got my Tex Smith Hemi book today. It looks like it has a lot of goodinfo in it. Thanks yall. I appreciate it.
DavidBraley

Re: Got My Hemi Book Today!!

Post by DavidBraley »

I've read mine at least five times, and I still learn something from it each time I open it up. I've used it so much, I will need to buy a new one soon. My copy is getting worn out!

I think it was george or mart that talked about some small mistakes in the book. I still don't know where or what parts they are talking about. (looking toward left of stage for george or mart to come out :lol: )

My favorite part is the history of Big Daddy's relationship with the early Hemi at the beginning of the book. I'm a sucker for a story. :D

David
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yes because were it not for Don's involvement, the Hemi likely would not have evolved into what it did.
George

Post by George »

A few that I can remember w/o rereading...Photo says the seperate W/P & crossover was used from '55 on. The 55-56 used a four leg pump that bolted to the block & heads, same timing cover as 392. "there were no DeSoto Ind engines." Yes there were, 276 & 291, a couple have surfaced, apparently they are rare. Lot of conflicting opinion by "guest" speakers about what had hardend valves & seats. All hemis through '55 had them. After '55 only Dodge & Chr truck, Chr 300 & "power Package(?) had them. "301/331/354 cranks are interchangeable". Actually there's a diffrence in lenth @ the back end of the long vs short tail cranks. can cause a problem when putting a short tail crank in a long tail block, not sure about the other way around.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well the book certainly has lots of good information in it. I really appreciate it. Yall have been more than kind making me feel welcome here and offering advice. Not all web communities share that same kind of comraderie.
George

Post by George »

It's worth the money. Someone said there's something wrong with the oil flow map.