Intake Manifold....

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

mart

Re: Intake Manifold....

Post by mart »

Just a thought....I noticed your carbs have the forward-facing fuel inlets. Some model 2GC Rochester have their fuel inlets on the side of the float bowl rather than at the front. Running two of them, it might be easier to plumb the fuel lines - and be better looking as well - with the side inlets. If you wanted to go that that route, I've never tried it, but rather than change the two carbs you've already got, it might be possible to just get the tops from a pair of junk side-inlet carbs and swap them for your existing front-inlet tops.

mart
======================
Rob

Post by Rob »

No can do. These are the large venturi and large base carbs. They all came with front fuel inlets. The small venturi small base carbs had the side inlets. There's enough room to come off with a 90* on that rear carb. I'm a killer with a tubing bender. lol I would have gotten the smaller carbs, but I just don't think they'd flow enough. I did have trouble finding a 5/16 female inverted flare tee for the plumbing, but I found one online. Nobody had one locally. ...and I mean nobody. We have the biggest Ace Hardware in seven southeast states in Gray, Georgia. Pitiful. Sometimes there seems to be a conspiracy when it comes to older car parts.
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

Looking Good Rob!

Probably not as good as the one you have near you, but we have a great ACE Hardware here in Fort Collins too. I love that place. I tell my wife that when I retire someday, I'm going to work at ACE just for fun. I'll be the ancient old dude, barely able to lift his feet off the floor shuffling around the store.... :wink:
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law
Rob

Post by Rob »

DavidBraley wrote:Looking Good Rob!

Probably not as good as the one you have near you, but we have a great ACE Hardware here in Fort Collins too. I love that place. I tell my wife that when I retire someday, I'm going to work at ACE just for fun. I'll be the ancient old dude, barely able to lift his feet off the floor shuffling around the store.... :wink:
.........and driving a HEMI.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Bent up some fuel line today. Now I am waitin on my tee to come in.

Rob

Post by Rob »

The fuel line is finished.

George

Post by George »

I'm thinking that for "best results" the fuel lines coming out of the fuel block are supposed to be equal lenth...
Rob

Post by Rob »

lol It'll never know the difference.
George

Post by George »

Think they were talking about doing a 4X2 with Ts instead of a fuel block.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well I gotta friend in Milledgeville runnin Ancient Orange, a front engine slingshot dragster with a big block and dual quads. The fuel lines on it are uneven as hell but that don't stop it from runnin 171 MPH so I think I'm good.

mart

Post by mart »

Rob wrote:The fuel line is finished.
-------------------------------
Very slick! Nice job! The fuel lines look killer! With a bit of ingenuity (or in this case, "enginuty"?? <LOL>) and some elbow grease, you've managed to turn an old "sow's ear" truck manifold, that most people would've tossed into the scrap bin, into a definite and very classy looking "silk purse"! :)
mart
=========================
mart

Post by mart »

Rob wrote:lol "It'll never know the difference."
----------------------------
Ditto on that.
mart
=======================
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the kind words, mart. I think it came out pretty good.
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

It came out really nice. :wink:
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law