Hemi News

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Rob

Hemi News

Post by Rob »

Well I muttled through some difficult finalcial times and kept the Hemi. So far, I have cleaned it, installed cam bearings, freeze plugs (thank you Mr. Waters!) installed new core plugs and oil gallery plugs. I got my new pistons in from Egge last week. They are stock replacement 1955 style 8.5:1. I plan on massaging compression up to about 9.5. Got my original cam core reground to a solid from Oregon. .435 lift and 240 degrees @.050 ground on a 106 lobe separation. It should sound good in the little Hemi. It has taken this long to get this far. It's taken a lot not to just give up and sell it all, but my wife has been the one to save the day. She has become very interested in the whole project and is helping with my truck. I found a very solid 1949 Dodge PIlothouse 5 window cab over on The Hamb. It was in Oklahoma and I got it for a song, delivery and all. It's going to fit great on my 83 D150 chassis. WIth a 4 speed overdrive and 3.55 gears, it oughtta ease on down the road. Hope all of you are having a Merry Christmas.

Rob
TrWaters

Re: Hemi News

Post by TrWaters »

Keep us posted on your progress.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

How do you plan to raise the comp. ratio 1 full point?
Rob

Post by Rob »

By decking the block and milling the heads and intake if necessary and finding the thinnest head gasket I can.