I am still alive

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Rob

I am still alive

Post by Rob »

And have made slow progress. We are going through some really tough times. Down to one vehicle. I totaled my Ranger in February. Have been trying to get a piece at a time to get the Hemi closer to being in the rat truck. Got the dually rear end under it. Lots of other stuff done to the Hemi since I posted last. Here's where it is now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob

Re: I am still alive

Post by Rob »

Here's the truck itself. I think the dually rear end made it look mean. I will be adding the one ton suspension on the front as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Here is the gas tank that I found and reworked. I blasted it, coated it with 3 coats of Rustoleum oil based black, two coats of Rustoleum oil based silver and then splattered it with red primer to look like rust. I know real rust wouldda look cooler, but I ain't getting rust anywhere near my fuel system. I made the feet myself and it will have a section of logging chain over each side to hold it down. Hopefully if the finances allow soon, I can get with Mr. Waters and get a transmission adapter.
Rob

Post by Rob »

174 views and not one word. I guess yall really didn't give a darn if I really was dead.
scottm

Post by scottm »

I think it's going to be an awesome rat rod!
I enjoy seeing it come together! Keep it up!
rondo73

Post by rondo73 »

Rob, I'm interested in your progress because I'm currently slowly pluggin' away on a similar project. Rebuilding a '53 331 Hemi to install in a 1963 Dodge Panel truck. So keep the posts coming.
George

Post by George »

Rob wrote:174 views and not one word. I guess yall really didn't give a darn if I really was dead.
Missed this the 1st time it was posted. Did send a PM recently, did you get it?
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

I am still alive also!
Rob

Post by Rob »

George wrote:
Rob wrote:174 views and not one word. I guess yall really didn't give a darn if I really was dead.
No George, I sure didn't. I double checked. I have a few in there, but none from you.

Wait till yall see what I am doing for a parking brake. That's all I'm sayin. lol
George

Post by George »

Rob wrote:
George wrote:
No George, I sure didn't. I double checked. I have a few in there, but none from you.

Wait till yall see what I am doing for a parking brake. That's all I'm sayin. lol
Can't find any evidence of it either. :-( Anchor from the Titanic?
George

Post by George »

found the CC sent back by the site dated Oct 15.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Strange. I got the new one and replied!
George

Post by George »

Got it. Get my reply?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sho nuff.