2012 Ram Pickup Picks Up A New Transmission

Mopar related news and press releases.
scottm

Post by scottm »

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011 ... ssion.html
As Ram sales continue to increase, efforts made to keep the ball rolling result in the new for Ram “65RFE” six-speed automatic transmission that will replace the old outgoing five.

The five-speed transmission, “545RFE,” features an interesting split dual cog 2nd gear. Engagement on one cog or the other depend on whether the transmission is performing an upshift or a downshift. The 1.67 and 1.50 ratio cog are used for the upshift and downshift respectively. An electric range select is also featured in the 545RFEl, allowing driver to manually limit the highest available gear, a handy device during hilly terrain or tow situations.

Now, not only will the new 2012 six-speed transmission retain all these characteristics from the outgoing five-speed, but will also possess a new torque converter said to improve the Ram’s fuel economy, although EPA ratings will stay the same.

Nonetheless, these incremental improvements are expected to increase its sales numbers still, there’s no stopping Ram! Find the new six speed standard with the 4.7 liter V-8 and 5.7 liter Hemi V-8 engines.
Rob

Re: 2012 Ram Pickup Picks Up A New Transmission

Post by Rob »

So can we comment with the thread being locked or are we just supposed read this with no opinion?
scottm

Post by scottm »

Rob wrote:So can we comment with the thread being locked or are we just supposed read this with no opinion?
Yes, as you can see, comments should work. :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yes but I noticed you locked the last news thread I commented on, that's why I asked.