$21,790 2013 Dodge Dart GT

Mopar related news and press releases.
scottm

$21,790 2013 Dodge Dart GT

Post by scottm »

$21,790 2013 Dodge Dart GT Makes Us Pine for a Dodge Dart SRT4
http://wot.motortrend.com/21790-2013-do ... 11269.html
For those who were hoping Dodge would unwrap the Dart SRT4 at this year’s Detroit auto show, the new 2013 Dodge Dart GT isn’t it. For all its sporty pretensions, the 2013 Dart GT is more ‘warm sedan’ than hot hatch, with minor performance modifications sure to please compact customers looking for a slightly more involved driving experience than found on the regular Dart.

Consider the 2013 Dodge Dart GT a placeholder in the Dart lineup as the automaker continues to consider a high-performance Dart R/T (or Dart SRT4). The aggressively styled Dart GT features a blacked-out grille, five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels, and dual exhaust. Following the Chevrolet Sonic RS’s approach, the power output from the Dart GT’s 2.4-liter Tigershark I-4 remains at 184 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque. The only performance changes consist of a standard sport suspension.

The 2013 Dart GT will come standard with a six-speed manual transmission. Dodge’s new six-speed dual-clutch automatic is an available option.

Aside from the sporty looks and suspension, the Dodge Dart GT also gets a number of luxury touches; exclusive heated Nappa leather seats (in black with red stitching or a black-and-red combination), a heated steering wheel, an 8.4-inch touch screen, a 7-inch reconfigurable instrument panel display, and “racetrack” LED taillights are all standard. The option sheet will include extras like a 10-speaker Alpine sound system, HID headlights, a sunroof, and black-painted wheels.

The 2013 Dodge Dart GT will makes its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and be on sale at dealers not long after for $21,790, including destination.

Source: Dodge
No, it's not a HEMI. But if my 6' frame fits in one, maybe it'd be a nice for my next commuter?