Vintage hemi block identification

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

MaxCuda

Vintage hemi block identification

Postby MaxCuda » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm trying to identify a 426 Hemi block I acquired back in the early 80s. The sides have been shaved ( no part #s ), and it has 1/2" head bolts and 9/16 " mains, drilled holes for oil drain back in the valley (no cast in holes above the cam) and has a very high nickel content. I was
told by the seller that it was a special mopar block, modified by Keith Black in the early 70,s but was never used because aluminum blocks became available, and then was used at Logghe.s shop as a mock-up block. Block is new ( never run} , standard 4.250 bore. Any ideas on what racing series (Top Fuel/Pro stock.ect) this block would have been used in ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MaxCuda

Re: Vintage hemi block identification

Postby MaxCuda » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm

I'm trying to identify a 426 Hemi block I acquired back in the early 80s. The sides have been shaved ( no part #s ), and it has 1/2" head bolts and 9/16 " mains, drilled holes for oil drain back in the valley (no cast in holes above the cam) and has a very high nickel content. I was
told by the seller that it was a special mopar block, modified by Keith Black in the early 70,s but was never used because aluminum blocks became available, and then was used at Logghe.s shop as a mock-up block. Block is new ( never run} , standard 4.250 bore. Any ideas on what racing series (Top Fuel/Pro stock.ect) this block would have been used in ?

Return to “(LEGACY) 426 Street / Strip HEMIs”