426 Hemi Value

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

the_cuda_guy

426 Hemi Value

Post by the_cuda_guy »

New to the website and Im feeling out what Hemi's run as far as price? Im looking for a 426 Hemi to rebuild and just want to know what they go for?

426 Street Hemi

426 Race Hemi

Im learing alot reading here about the hemi, if there are any ebody owners check out this website! Let them know "The Cuda Guy" sent you.

www.cuda-challenger.com

Cuda Guy
73 'cuda
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Hey Don, good to see you out and about! You thinking about putting a Hemi in that new Cuda?
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
the_cuda_guy

Post by the_cuda_guy »

Its a secret project of mine LOL! I just need to find a rebuildable one. Moparal got to talking about hemi's and I got to thinking maybe I can find one? I just dont know what a used/worn out hemi goes for and where to get one LOL!!! I really liked reading about all the different hemi engines that Chryslers put out I didnt realize they had so many applications!!! Pretty cool!!!

Cuda Guy
73 'cuda
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Don, have you considered one of the new style 5.7 hemis? I picked one up for $1700 a while back and I'm getting the stuff together to put it in my Cuda. TTI makes headers and motormount brackets for the swap (I managed to pick them up on Ebay for a great price) and it's a pretty straight forward swap. I think the biggest single expense is the engine management system. Those little engines can really be made to run with just headers and a Comp Cams cam!
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda