Where to buy 426 Hemi valve covers that.....

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

62BT409

Where to buy 426 Hemi valve covers that.....

Post by 62BT409 »

I am in search of the original Black Wrinkle type valve covers that already have a bulge for the roller rockers.
If not original then a another type can be looked at
Oldschool

Re: Where to buy 426 Hemi valve covers that.....

Post by Oldschool »

Did you ever get the valve covers you were looking for? If you want the stock valve covers along with the roller rockers, there is a valve cover spacer available that simply spaces the stock valve cover up enough for rocker clearance. Not bumps in the covers, just stock, clean appearance. This guy carries the spacers, and has them in stock. I have already asked him about them before I responded to your inquiry. His name is Rick. Tell him Ken with the Cuda sent ya....

http://stores.casselent.com/StoreFront.bok
Mopar---"Built To Run--Here To Stay"
62BT409

Post by 62BT409 »

Ironically .... they just came today. I got them from FHO out of Canada and took a frickin week to get here. With the holiday last Monday and FedEx screwing up the entire shipment. I hope they do what everyone says they will do. With the 3/16" gaskets and space, we should have 3/8" now. And this is what I hope is enough clearance.

Thanks for the info

JB
Last edited by 62BT409 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I'm curious, how do you deal with the spark plug tubes when using the spacers? Are there longer tubes available for this?
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
62BT409

Post by 62BT409 »

392heminut wrote:I'm curious, how do you deal with the spark plug tubes when using the spacers? Are there longer tubes available for this?
Everyone told that longer tubes are no problem....any machine shop can do them....UNTIL you go to ask someone at a machine shop.

Anyway at FHO ....Tim was great with all the great assistance. They did have longer tubes (3/8") to cover the 3/16" valve cover spacer and a FelPro 3/16 gasket. I tried (originally) a double 3/16" gasket, but with the original tubes it did not work. That;s when someone here on the board turned me onto FHO...and the more I think of it, it might have been another board....like BBD forum