$335M for STD prevention?

Down and dirty debates (well, yeah, politics).
scottm

$335M for STD prevention?

Post by scottm »

$335,000,000 FOR STD PREVENTION IN ECONOMIC STIMULUS BILL
Wed Jan 28 2009 09:58:30 ET

Democrats may have eliminated provisions on birth control and sod for the National Mall in the "job stimulus" -- but buried on page 147 of the bill is stimulation for prevention of sexually transmitted diseases!

The House Democrats' bill includes $335 million for sexually transmitted disease education and prevention programs at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In the past, the CDC has used STD education funding for programs that many Members of Congress find objectionable and arguably unrelated to a mission of economic stimulus [such as funding events called 'Booty Call' and 'Great Sex' put on by an organization that received $698,000 in government funds.]

"Whether this funding has merit is not the question; the point is it has no business in an economic plan supposedly focused on job creation," says a stimulated Hill source.

Developing...
The Democrats continue to impress me -- although I admit I'm not too surprised.
They have loaded up an economic stimulus package with loads of their pork they
have probably been unable to pass for the last 8 years. Slowly we're getting some
of this junk weeded out (sod the Mall, birth control, etc) but I'm sure we're going
to be paying for various Democrat pork projects for many years to come...