U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens

Down and dirty debates (well, yeah, politics).
scottm

U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens

Post by scottm »

U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens to Border Cities, Mayors Say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/28/me ... criminals/
A coalition of Mexican mayors has asked the United States to stop deporting illegal immigrants who have been convicted of serious crimes in the U.S. to Mexican border cities, saying the deportations are contributing to Mexican border violence.
Yes, you read that correctly. Mexico says THEIR violence problem is OUR fault.
Ciudad Juarez Mayor Jose Reyes blamed U.S. deportation policy for contributing to his city's violence, saying that of the 80,000 people deported to Juarez in the past three years, 28,000 had U.S. criminal records -- including 7,000 convicted rapists and 2,000 convicted murderers.
I suggest "illegal" be a compounding issue making violent crimes "capital" offenses.
Jump the river and kill a U.S. citizen? Face death, unless Mexico will take you back.
Yes, I know capital punishment costs more than life sentences; but it's well worth it.
polyspheric

Re: U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens

Post by polyspheric »

Why are we deporting them to Mexico?
For about $100. each, Indonesia will be happy to accept them. Certainly, our government, who has no problem kidnapping people off the street and spiriting them to some dank basement in Egypt for a few years "to answer questions", will not be troubled by some minor technicality. We can just say "Well, he said he was a Mexican, but Indonesian has an outstanding warrant for him - he can discuss it with them when he gets there".

What will he do there?

I don't care, but he can't walk back.
392heminut

Re: U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens

Post by 392heminut »

How much worse is it going to have to get before the citizens of this country wake up and DEMAND that the federal government get off it's collective butt and deal with the problems on our southern border in a manner that will resolve problems instead of doing all the crap they have been to try and make it look like they are doing something, and suing states that are taking it upon themselves to do what is necessary to protect their citizens.

A rancher was killed by illegal border crossers in SE Arizona, bullets have struck the El Paso city building from a gunfight in Juarez, the residents in Laredo can hear gunfire in Nuevo Loredo frequently and several months back a body was found a few miles from my house (35 miles from the border) of a person who had been tortured and then killed by a Mexican drug cartel. A friend of mine who works in the local drug task force has a price on his head by the cartel and was moved out of the area for a while because of it. He said to hell with that and came back to work here, but keeps a loaded firearm in every room in his rural home and never goes unarmed.

I have said it before, and I will keep on saying it to anyone who will listen, the problem down here on the border is much worse than the news media is reporting and is steadily escalating. For whatever reason, the feds are downplaying it and the mainstream news media is in bed with the feds on not reporting it.

I'm not going to say that the deportation of illegals has had an effect on border crime, but the fact is these are Mexican citizens and don't belong here, plain and simple. What's next, will Mexico empty their prisons and send their worst criminals over here like Castro did in Cuba? If our government keeps pandering to Mexico that is what will happen!

There is a HUGE problem festering on the US/Mexican border and the 'bandaids' that the feds keep applying aren't having any effect on it. It's going to take big effort to reverse what is happening, and we are going to alienate Mexico in the process, no way around it. Those people need to deal with their problems and quit laying the blame on us.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda