Dan Miller RIP

1st Gen HEMI projects and products.

Moderator: scottm

DHEMI

Dan Miller RIP

Post by DHEMI »

Just found out that Danny passed away yesterday from a heart attack.He was a member here,and parner with Gene Adams
on the Engine Masters early Hemi competition.
mart

Re: Dan Miller RIP

Post by mart »

This is shocking news. I'm truly stunned and saddened. Where did you hear the awful news? Can you please post more details
as you find them out? My heartfelt condolences to all his friends and family

mart
============================
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

What a shock. My heart goes out to his surviving family.

A great loss to the early Hemi community for sure.

Here is more news from a site he was truly loved:

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26697

Good Speed Danny!
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law
scottm

Post by scottm »

DHEMI wrote:Just found out that Danny passed away yesterday from a heart attack.
RIP Dan Miller; build the Big Man a nice HEMI.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

This truly is sad news. Dan was always ready to help folks on this board and was an early hemi guru. He will definitely be missed here! :(
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
scottm

Post by scottm »

In Memory Of Dan Miller
Engine Masters Dan Miller
http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6739 ... index.html
It is with great sorrow that we report the passing of long-time Engine Masters Challenge competitor Dan Miller.

Veteran engine builder, Dan Miller, fell to coronary arrest on the 9th of May 2011. To the readers of PHR and Engine Masters magazines, Dan was best known for his incredibly innovative work with the early Chrysler Hemi engines, taking these archaic engines to front-running status in competition. With a natural curiosity and the talent and tenacity to see it through, Dan’s engines set the standard for unique thinking and originality.

Dan’s stature of character commanded instant respect from those around him, while his personable and friendly nature made him a man, and had anyone around him feeling like a long-time friend. As his teammate, Gene Adams tells us: “Dan was the driving force behind the whole deal. He got it going and did most of the engineering. He was 90 percent of the effort. I saw him at my shop no less than an hour before he passed; then I heard he had the heart attack.” John Beck from Pro Machine, where Dan did all his dyno testing, relates: “He was just the biggest joy to work with. He had all the enthusiasm and interest that you would expect from a kid. He spent a lot of time in my dyno cell, and now every time I go in there I seem to be looking around for him, and then you realize that he is not around anymore.”

Dan’s entry for the 2011 Xtreme class of the AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge was already well under way at the time of his passing, with Dan having already put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the engine. We understand that his team members, headed by Bob Holmes and Scott Price, are looking to carry on with the entry as a tribute to Dan. He will be missed by all at the 2011 event.
RIP, Dan Miller
BOSSMAN

Post by BOSSMAN »

Old post but new to the forum.

RIP Danny Miller. I appreciate the opportunity to pick up where you left off and show the world what an Early Hemi was capable of at Engine Masters. We left a lasting impression to say the least!

Nick Smithberg
www.smithbergracing.com
Cylinder Heads & Manifolds
(402) 616-7643
scottm

Post by scottm »

Great job, Nick! Thanks for joining!
BOSSMAN

Post by BOSSMAN »

Have lots of good news for the Early Hemi guys so I hope people get on here to check out what I've been working so hard on since doing well at Engine Masters.

New Single Plane Intake in development
Iron Head (Factory Triple Nickel Casting) Race Port CNC program (done for Gene Adams flows 400cfm)
Street and Race Port CNC program for Bob's Hot Heads Aluminum Casting
And a few other things in the works.
Nick Smithberg
www.smithbergracing.com
Cylinder Heads & Manifolds
(402) 616-7643