58 Dodge Coronet with 325ci Red Ram

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

paintnerbros

58 Dodge Coronet with 325ci Red Ram

Post by paintnerbros »

Hi Moparguys!
I own a 58 Dodge Coronet with 325 ci V8 for about a year now and have lots of trouble with it. Hope you can help me with some questions.
1. I always thougt that my 325 ci Red Ram isn´t a Hemi. Was there a "normal" block with 325 ci in 1958?
2. Does anybody know where I can get good parts for 58 Dodges, cause in Germany it is almost impossible to get parts and some americans on ebay double the prices, if they have to ship the parts to Europe and they can´t say if the part will fit.
3. Is someone out there who has a 58 Dodge on his own and can give me some advice?

Thank you very much and Greetings from Munich,
Toby
George

58 coronet

Post by George »

If the spark plug wires go into the middle of the valve covers, it's a Hemi. If the valve covers are scaloped ( wavey on the bottom) & plugs in usual location, it's a Poly. The only difference is the head assembly, pistons, & push rods. They both use same block. If it's a Poly or Hemi, the covers are cool chromed. To do the bottom end use Tex Smith's Hemi Book www.hotrodlibrary.com or Doc Fromader's 315 build on webrodder. I'd get compatable parts from www.hothemiheads.com Bob walker is great!