New to forum

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

mudboy65

New to forum

Post by mudboy65 »

Hi I am new here and looking for lots of input. I have a 241 Hemi and am looking to build it into a 300-400hp motor is this possible? Do they make blowers for the motor I was thinking a 4-71, or has any one turbo charged or used a super charger. I am going to use the motor to eventually build a 60's gasser out of a plymouth valiant. I want a reliable motor, that can be driven any where. Has anybody thought building a injected hemi that runs on ethanol, I have some ideas and would love input on this subject. Thanks and Hello to everbody..............
241 Hemi Need Build Ideas.
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

Welcome aboard! I'm fairly new here myself. There seems to be alot of knowledge here especially concerning the 1st gen Hemi's so I'm sure someone can give you some help. I would guess it would be fairly easy to get the horsepower you are looking for without SC or TC'ing.

What part the Bluegrass State are ya lurking in ?
mudboy65

Post by mudboy65 »

I am in Louisville, my car is on the road, but without the Hemi. I am going to be looking into having it built in the near future so I figured this was the place to get suggestion on the best way to screw it together.
Don Nicklason

400 HP 241 Hemi - - Say What ! ? !

Post by Don Nicklason »

Mudboy I hope you have a lot of "Gold" in the Bank.
The less expensive way to go is supercharging, with a Enderly Fuel Injection system. A high psi output Turbo is Real Spendy. But that too can be debated.
Next spendy trick is you will have to get forged Dome Pistons & a good set of Rods.
Then, the exact Hot Set Up Cam to get the most bang for the bucks out of the above mention items. Also a set of tuned exhaust headers.
Then, a "Hot" ignition, with right advance curve.
Then, if you want it to stick together more than an hour or two.
Balanced & Blueprinted motor "Guts" Parts.
Then----- If you did all of that, take it to a Dyno Shop & see how far off of 400 Hp it is.
So -- -- - - Do You still want to go for it ?
Don
55 Red Ram Powered 30 A Roadster
mudboy65

I Want More Ideas

Post by mudboy65 »

I look at it this way if people before me didn't take the chance we would have never been on the moon. With that said yes I would like to build this engine. I only paid $200.00 for the engine, it is a good engine with only a short rebuild on it. I would love to see the outer limits of the engine. Nothing ventured nothing gained................I want to here more ideas....Does anyone make a blower for this motor? How much would a basic rebuild with a few go fast items net me?