270 Hemi stock/restoration parts

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

PCalaguiro

270 Hemi stock/restoration parts

Post by PCalaguiro »

I have three 270 Hemis and one 270 poly that are, for the most part, disassembled. They are all stock and well used .I will not part with valve covers, rockers, heads or blocks on the hemis, but everything else that a restorer could use I will give away for the cost of packaging and shipping. This may not sound overly generous, but the offer is out there for anyone interested.
Peter
Hemi T
phil

Post by phil »

Hi Peter , its a pity im in the wrong country. regards Phil
RMullett

Re: 270 Hemi stock/restoration parts

Post by RMullett »

Hello, I know that this is a very old ad, but I was wondering if you still have parts for those 270's. I am looking for a water pump housing for my 55, with a casting number #1616852-2.
Ryan
George

Post by George »

RMullett wrote:Hello, I know that this is a very old ad, but I was wondering if you still have parts for those 270's. I am looking for a water pump housing for my 55, with a casting number #1616852-2.
Ryan
Someone was claiming (another Forum, I think)that thier AutoZone came up with numbers to order 55 Dodge W/Ps for 50$, might be worth checking into.
DavidBraley

Post by DavidBraley »

I followed that lead too George, but I can't find it at Autozone. Autozone shows the part number in their system, but none of the cars I plug into their "Does it fit" software search tool work. Here is the link to the discussion, scroll to post # 84 and read from there:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... ost6477073

David
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law