Webers on a Desoto hemi

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Gullwing

Webers on a Desoto hemi

Post by Gullwing »

I have a 345 Desoto Hemi which I will be building in the near future. In looking at the available intakes and am not impressed. Spending a lot of money one a cast iron dual quad set up doesn't excite me. I have not run across anyone with a Weber set-up. I thought it might be relatively easy to run two webers on each head. I could do this by making an adapter plate to adapt an existing dual sidedraft weber manifold positioned vertically. Then run the vertical Webers. Has anyone ever heard of this? Does this sound feasible or am I missing something that might make this more difficult?
PCalaguiro

Webers on a Desoto

Post by PCalaguiro »

Talk to Mickey Lauria at Inglese. He is supposed to be the Weber Guru.
Peter
Hemi T
johnny5

Post by johnny5 »

If you want the cool multi-carb look, a Hilborn stack EFI conversion is pretty nice but VERY expensive!

http://www.hilborninjection.com/product ... &CatId=157
Gullwing

Post by Gullwing »

yeah I had seen the Hillborn EFI set-up and I think it looks great. I didn't like the price very much though. I think I will have my Weber set-up finished for less than $2,000. I will use a megasquirt ECU which may take a bit of learning but is a much better ECU. Also, why not put the injectors over the valley pan where they will not be so visible?
LordMaximo

Post by LordMaximo »

The Webber conversion is a perfact thing to do. You should make your self a new baseplate and then the spread for the webbers. I have a friend in Florida who made an adaptor plate for such an occasion back in the mid 70s'. it tok him about six months to fassion such a beast. Four duce side drafts. The linkage was the worst in fabricating the brakets. Good luck.
'34 Ford Truck Roadster
'54 Desoto 276 CI Hemi
Gullwing

Re: Webers on a Desoto hemi

Post by Gullwing »

[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/am ... .jpg[/img][/url]
I know this an old post but finally finished my project. I made an extra set which I am selling on E-bay.
earlyhemibill

Re: Webers on a Desoto hemi

Post by earlyhemibill »

Just joined this site today after seeing the Desoto with the Webers. I'm doing a 67 Valiant with a 341 Desoto hemi and my buddy is doing a 31 Ford coupe with a 57 Desoto 341 hemi. Both will be turbocharged, although right now his is just gonna run his with a carb until it is broke in. Will supply a couple photos once I figure out how to do it.