Dodge 6-pack intake on Desoto

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Gullwing

Dodge 6-pack intake on Desoto

Post by Gullwing »

As Bob Walker and Hot Heads are still selling new Dodge short deck 6 pack Offenhauser intakes I was wondering how they would work on my 291 Desoto. I have spacer blocks already purchased for an EFI conversion. To my surprise they seem to be a perfect fit. I can't help but think that the angle of the gasket surface might be a degree of but without getting a set of feeler guages out so far it looks dead on. Has anyone else tried this. I will have to move a few bolt holes around and do some port matching but this is the exact solution I was looking for.
Arthur

6 pack intakes

Post by Arthur »

Yeah,I'd like to know this,too.
Need 4x2 inline intake for either a 291 or 330 DeSoto

Want Fenton or Edmunds speed equipment for 230 inch flat 6 Dodge engines

Need 42 Dodge trim pieces

Need good windshield frame and hood center strip for 1 ton 1937 Dodge truck
Hannah1935

291 Desoto Intake

Post by Hannah1935 »

Hello..Your heads are completely different then the Dodge..I don't think they will fit..??????????
I have a log intake for the Desoto, U-Fab. new, with aluminum paint..
Duane..
ps..can also build the 97s for it..I have them.
Hello..I have a 1935 Tudor Ford Slant back Sedan...My hobbies are Stromberg 97s and intakes manifolds..
desotoman

Post by desotoman »

It has been along time since I looked at this senerio, but as I recall the port spacing was off by about 1/8 of an inch on either 2 or all 4 ports. They you have to drill the bolt holes. Let us know how it comes out.
George

Post by George »

The intake bolt holes zig zag in mirror image between the Dodge & DeSoto intakes. There is a difference in mounting angles also.In a "U-Fab" situation it would be easy to redrill the holes & change the angle.