Help..View of disributor to oil pump

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Hannah1935

Post by Hannah1935 »

Hello..Not happy right now..I need to see how the distributor and the oil pump work together..How they connect..Must be for a 241 Dodge Red Ram..Something missing in mine..HELP
Where can I see an exploded view of this..
Thanks
Duane...
Hello..I have a 1935 Tudor Ford Slant back Sedan...My hobbies are Stromberg 97s and intakes manifolds..
cadguy

Post by cadguy »

Hi Duane,

I don't have a diagram, but the explanation is pretty simple. There is an intermediate shaft that slides into the block and connects the distributor to the oil pump. The intermediate shaft has a gear that meshes with the gear machined onto the rear of the cam. If you remove your distributor, then look down the hole in the block, you should be able to see the gear about six inches below the block surface. A slot in the top of the intermediate shaft mates with the tang on the bottom of the distributor shaft. If you don't see the gear or slot, you're missing the intermediate shaft. I hope this helps.

Bill
Hannah1935

Intermediate shaft & gear

Post by Hannah1935 »

Hello Bob..Thanks for the reply, helped me..Now I'm wondering if I can get what I need at the local parts store or Dodge dealer..I have a 340 oil pump in my 241 ( Hot Heads)..and a MSD distributor..
You were right, no shaft and gear for the cam gear..
Thanks
Duane.. :roll:
Hello..I have a 1935 Tudor Ford Slant back Sedan...My hobbies are Stromberg 97s and intakes manifolds..
41hemi

Post by 41hemi »

I see stock intermediate shafts and gears on ebay from time to time. Hot heads also carries stock and upgrade models if you need one quick. Good luck!!!! :lol: Al
41 Chevy with blown 330 Desoto / 32 Ford coupe with blown 392 Chrysler
Hannah1935

Intermediate shaft

Post by Hannah1935 »

OOPS..Bill...... :oops:
budmspeeco

Post by budmspeeco »

Contact Hot heads. Tell them exactly which parts you have. They can sell you corresponding parts that should work fine . Or a dandy catalog you can read and see exactly what you are buying. A great item for the hemi fan.. I sell a dandy oil pump shaft bushing driver so you can replace that worn bushing while upgrading the rest of the system. Buddy
'48 anglia