Aluminum 4BBL intake for low deck DeSoto

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

cadguy

Aluminum 4BBL intake for low deck DeSoto

Post by cadguy »

There will soon be available (January 2009) a dual plane, 4BBL, cast aluminum intake manifold for the DeSoto 276 and 291 Hemi's. Take a look at vintagev8s.com .
DHEMI

Re: Aluminum 4BBL intake for low deck DeSoto

Post by DHEMI »

I've got a NOS Edelbrock 4bbl intake.
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

I just saw one that WWW.vintage v8.com is making.Also,Tom Waters can convert a 2bbl. to a 4bbl,like Sonny at RACING STUDEBAKERS does.
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Do you have any more information on the 2 brl to 4 brl conversion? Hows about some contact information for Mr. Waters? Thanks Roland
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Gunny wrote:Do you have any more information on the 2 brl to 4 brl conversion? Hows about some contact information for Mr. Waters? Thanks Roland
Just go down towards the bottom of the forum page and look for the TR Waters Early Hemi Parts forum! :D
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
budmspeeco

Post by budmspeeco »

I would kinda like to hear the flow characteristics on these converted intakes. Or maybe a few numbers from a dyno pull with a 2 bbl. intake, a 4 bbl. intake and a converted 2 to 4 bbl. intake. I have removed several 4 bbl. setups on street driven trucks and EVERY ONE had better throttle response, idle quality , and improved fuel mileage with the 2 bbl. I had a new 283/4 speed powered 65 Chevy II that I tried a 4 bbl., two 4 bbls, and 3 twos on and the stock setup worked best. A solid lifter 327 got rid of that problem. Blew the whole thing to pieces. I know the 4 bbl. is so GREAT looking and will under certain higher RPM conditions outperform its smaller counterpart , but even knowing that I can't stand the thought of such a wimpy piece on a mighty hemi . SO I am putting an Enderle injector hat and 8-71 on my street 392 that's going in my Anglia. Now we are talking!!!!!!!!! AMEN Buddy
'48 anglia