Hello to the world of Hemi.

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

BoneYardDevil

Hello to the world of Hemi.

Post by BoneYardDevil »

I am new on this forum and want to first say howdy. I am planning a early Hemi project and wanted to share with everybody. I am one currently starting a search for the right engine for my application, so I will be asking research type questions and allot of them since I am kind of new at this. Project is a 64 V-100 Plymouth Valiant, (it will be a sleeper), I am going to put a Hemi in it with a 4-speed and 8 3/4 axle. I am trying to decide which hemi will come closest to a small block in dimension. The engines I am currently looking at are 276,241,270 De Soto, or Dodge 315, 325. I want a mild performance engine roughly 400 hp, possibly with a dual carb set up. I realize the engine compartment is narrow, but anything is possible with a little engineering. Any thoughts, experience and general Ideas would be great. Thanks P.Stone Louisville Kentucky. email mudboy@iglou.com :wink:
MOPAR N'UFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Helo, I'm new here also boneyarddevil. I'm fixing up a 64 Valiant it has a 340 though. I would like to see pictures of your progress. I really like those cars. I'm running a 4-speed also. You would have any pictures of it? If I would have had my 392 before I got my 340 it would have done what it took to put it in there. There is a website that this guy put a truck 354 Hemi in a 67(?) Cuda. He also messes with Desoto Hemi. I think on his website he says that the Desoto's would be a nice fit in the early A-body's. He's name is Brain. Good luck on your car.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant